Search for the Active Ingredients from a 2-Aminothiazole DMSO Stock Solution with Antimalarial Activity.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Bader, Chantal D
Hirsch, Anna K H
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChemical decomposition of DMSO stock solutions is a common incident that can mislead biological screening campaigns. Here, we share our case study of 2-aminothiazole 1, originating from an antimalarial class that undergoes chemical decomposition in DMSO at room temperature. As previously measured biological activities observed against Plasmodium falciparum NF54 and for the target enzyme PfIspE were not reproducible for a fresh batch, we tackled the challenge to understand where the activity originated from. Solvent- and temperature-dependent studies using HRMS and NMR spectroscopy to monitor the decomposition led to the isolation and in vitro evaluation of several fractions against PfIspE. After four days of decomposition, we successfully isolated the oxygenated and dimerised compounds using SFC purification and correlated the observed activities to them. Due to the unstable nature of the two isolates, it is likely that they undergo further decomposition contributing to the overall instability of the compound.
CitationChemMedChem. 2021 Apr 12. doi: 10.1002/cmdc.202100067. Epub ahead of print.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Genetic diversity and structural analysis of 4-diphosphocytidyl-2C-methyl-D-erythritol kinase (IspE) from <i>Plasmodium falciparum</i>.
- Authors: Kadian K, Vijay S, Rawal R, Singh J, Anvikar A, Pande V, Sharma A
- Issue date: 2018 Oct-Dec
- Isolation and in vitro antimalarial activity of hexane extract from Thai Picrasma javanica B1 stembark.
- Authors: Saiin C, Rattanajak R, Kamchonwongpaisan S, Ingkaninan K, Sukontason K, Baramee A, Sirithunyalug B
- Issue date: 2003
- Bioassay-guided isolation and identification of gametocytocidal compounds from Artemisia afra (Asteraceae).
- Authors: Moyo P, Kunyane P, Selepe MA, Eloff JN, Niemand J, Louw AI, Maharaj VJ, Birkholtz LM
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 8
- Wayanin and guaijaverin, two active metabolites found in a Psidium acutangulum Mart. ex DC (syn. P. persoonii McVaugh) (Myrtaceae) antimalarial decoction from the Wayana Amerindians.
- Authors: Houël E, Nardella F, Jullian V, Valentin A, Vonthron-Sénécheau C, Villa P, Obrecht A, Kaiser M, Bourreau E, Odonne G, Fleury M, Bourdy G, Eparvier V, Deharo E, Stien D
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 1
- Protective activity of biflavanones from Garcinia kola against Plasmodium infection.
- Authors: Konziase B
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 22