Discovery and Heterologous Production of New Cyclic Depsibosamycins.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStreptomyces are producers of valuable secondary metabolites with unique scaffolds that perform a plethora of biological functions. Nonribosomal peptides are of special interest due to their variety and complexity. They are synthesized by nonribosomal peptide synthetases, large biosynthetic machineries that are encoded in the genome of many Streptomyces species. The identification of new peptides and the corresponding biosynthetic gene clusters is of major interest since knowledge can be used to facilitate combinatorial biosynthesis and chemical semisynthesis of natural products. The recently discovered bosamycins are linear octapeptides with an interesting 5-OMe tyrosine moiety and various modifications at the N-terminus. In this study, the new cyclic depsibosamycins B, C, and D from Streptomyces aurantiacus LU19075 were discovered. In comparison to the linear bosamycins B, C, and D, which were also produced by the strain, the cyclic depsibosamycins showed a side-chain-to-tail lactonization of serine and glycine, leading to a ring of four amino acids. In silico identification and heterologous expression of the depsibosamycin (dbm) gene cluster indicated that the cyclic peptides, rather than the linear derivatives, are the main products of the cluster.
CitationMicroorganisms. 2021 Jun 28;9(7):1396. doi: 10.3390/microorganisms9071396.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Discovery and biosynthesis of bosamycins from Streptomyces sp. 120454.
- Authors: Xu ZF, Bo ST, Wang MJ, Shi J, Jiao RH, Sun Y, Xu Q, Tan RX, Ge HM
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 11
- Nonribosomal peptides in fungal cell factories: from genome mining to optimized heterologous production.
- Authors: Vassaux A, Meunier L, Vandenbol M, Baurain D, Fickers P, Jacques P, Leclère V
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Biosynthesis Gene Cluster and Oxazole Ring Formation Enzyme for Inthomycins in Streptomyces sp. Strain SYP-A7193.
- Authors: Hou SY, Zhang MY, Wang HD, Zhang YX
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 1
- Functional Genome Mining for Metabolites Encoded by Large Gene Clusters through Heterologous Expression of a Whole-Genome Bacterial Artificial Chromosome Library in Streptomyces spp.
- Authors: Xu M, Wang Y, Zhao Z, Gao G, Huang SX, Kang Q, He X, Lin S, Pang X, Deng Z, Tao M
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 1
- Bonsecamin: A New Cyclic Pentapeptide Discovered through Heterologous Expression of a Cryptic Gene Cluster.
- Authors: Lasch C, Stierhof M, Estévez MR, Myronovskyi M, Zapp J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 31