EpitopeVec: Linear Epitope Prediction Using Deep Protein Sequence Embeddings.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMotivation: B-cell epitopes (BCEs) play a pivotal role in the development of peptide vaccines, immuno-diagnostic reagents, and antibody production, and thus in infectious disease prevention and diagnostics in general. Experimental methods used to determine BCEs are costly and time-consuming. Therefore, it is essential to develop computational methods for the rapid identification of BCEs. Although several computational methods have been developed for this task, generalizability is still a major concern, where cross-testing of the classifiers trained and tested on different datasets has revealed accuracies of 51-53. Results: We describe a new method called EpitopeVec, which uses a combination of residue properties, modified antigenicity scales, and protein language model-based representations (protein vectors) as features of peptides for linear BCE predictions. Extensive benchmarking of EpitopeVec and other state-of-the-art methods for linear BCE prediction on several large and small datasets, as well as cross-testing, demonstrated an improvement in the performance of EpitopeVec over other methods in terms of accuracy and area under the curve (AUC). As the predictive performance depended on the species origin of the respective antigens (viral, bacterial, eukaryotic), we also trained our method on a large viral dataset to create a dedicated linear viral BCE predictor with improved cross-testing
CitationBioinformatics. 2021 Jun 28:btab467. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btab467. Epub ahead of print.
AffiliationBRICS, Braunschweiger Zentrum für Systembiologie, Rebenring 56,38106 Braunschweig, Germany.
PublisherOxford University Press
JournalBioinformatics (Oxford, England)
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- iBCE-EL: A New Ensemble Learning Framework for Improved Linear B-Cell Epitope Prediction.
- Authors: Manavalan B, Govindaraj RG, Shin TH, Kim MO, Lee G
- Issue date: 2018
- LBCE-XGB: A XGBoost Model for Predicting Linear B-Cell Epitopes Based on BERT Embeddings.
- Authors: Liu Y, Liu Y, Wang S, Zhu X
- Issue date: 2023 Jun
- NetBCE: An Interpretable Deep Neural Network for Accurate Prediction of Linear B-cell Epitopes.
- Authors: Xu H, Zhao Z
- Issue date: 2022 Oct
- EpiDope: a deep neural network for linear B-cell epitope prediction.
- Authors: Collatz M, Mock F, Barth E, Hölzer M, Sachse K, Marz M
- Issue date: 2021 May 1
- BepFAMN: A Method for Linear B-Cell Epitope Predictions Based on Fuzzy-ARTMAP Artificial Neural Network.
- Authors: La Marca AF, Lopes RDS, Lotufo ADP, Bartholomeu DC, Minussi CR
- Issue date: 2022 May 26