Clinical Course of Infection and Cross-Species Detection of Equine Parvovirus-Hepatitis.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
de le Roi, Madeleine
Cavalleri, Jessika-M V
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe intriguing structural complexity of molecules produced by natural organisms is uncontested. Natural scaffolds serve as an important basis for the development of molecules with broad applications, e.g., therapeutics or agrochemicals. Research in recent decades has demonstrated that by means of classic metabolite extraction from microbes only a small portion of natural products can be accessed. The use of genome mining and heterologous expression approaches represents a promising way to discover new natural compounds. In this paper we report the discovery of a novel cyclic pentapeptide called bonsecamin through the heterologous expression of a cryptic NRPS gene cluster from Streptomyces albus ssp. chlorinus NRRL B-24108 in Streptomyces albus Del14. The new compound was successfully isolated and structurally characterized using NMR. The minimal set of genes required for bonsecamin production was determined through bioinformatic analysis and gene deletion experiments. A biosynthetic route leading to the production of bonsecamin is proposed in this paper.
CitationViruses. 2021 Jul 26;13(8):1454. doi: 10.3390/v13081454.
AffiliationTWINCORE, Zentrum für experimentelle und klinische Infektionsforschung GmbH,Feodor-Lynen Str. 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Viral testing of 10 cases of Theiler's disease and 37 in-contact horses in the absence of equine biologic product administration: A prospective study (2014-2018).
- Authors: Tomlinson JE, Tennant BC, Struzyna A, Mrad D, Browne N, Whelchel D, Johnson PJ, Jamieson C, Löhr CV, Bildfell R, McKenzie EC, Laverack M, Renshaw RW, Dubovi E, Kapoor A, Meirs RS, Belgrave R, Engiles J, Van de Walle GR, Divers TJ
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Characterization of Equine Parvovirus in Thoroughbred Breeding Horses from Germany.
- Authors: Meister TL, Tegtmeyer B, Brüggemann Y, Sieme H, Feige K, Todt D, Stang A, Cavalleri JV, Steinmann E
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 18
- Equine parvovirus hepatitis.
- Authors: Ramsauer AS, Badenhorst M, Cavalleri JV
- Issue date: 2021 Sep
- First report of equine parvovirus-hepatitis-associated Theiler's disease in Europe.
- Authors: Vengust M, Jager MC, Zalig V, Cociancich V, Laverack M, Renshaw RW, Dubovi E, Tomlinson JE, Van de Walle GR, Divers TJ
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Tropism, pathology, and transmission of equine parvovirus-hepatitis.
- Authors: Tomlinson JE, Jager M, Struzyna A, Laverack M, Fortier LA, Dubovi E, Foil LD, Burbelo PD, Divers TJ, Van de Walle GR
- Issue date: 2020