Bonsecamin: A New Cyclic Pentapeptide Discovered through Heterologous Expression of a Cryptic Gene Cluster.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Estévez, Marta Rodríguez
Luzhetskyy, Andriy N
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe intriguing structural complexity of molecules produced by natural organisms is uncontested. Natural scaffolds serve as an important basis for the development of molecules with broad applications, e.g., therapeutics or agrochemicals. Research in recent decades has demonstrated that by means of classic metabolite extraction from microbes only a small portion of natural products can be accessed. The use of genome mining and heterologous expression approaches represents a promising way to discover new natural compounds. In this paper we report the discovery of a novel cyclic pentapeptide called bonsecamin through the heterologous expression of a cryptic NRPS gene cluster from Streptomyces albus ssp. chlorinus NRRL B-24108 in Streptomyces albus Del14. The new compound was successfully isolated and structurally characterized using NMR. The minimal set of genes required for bonsecamin production was determined through bioinformatic analysis and gene deletion experiments. A biosynthetic route leading to the production of bonsecamin is proposed in this paper.
CitationMicroorganisms. 2021 Jul 31;9(8):1640. doi: 10.3390/microorganisms9081640.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Dudomycins: New Secondary Metabolites Produced After Heterologous Expression of an Nrps Cluster from <i>Streptomyces albus</i> ssp. <i>Chlorinus</i> Nrrl B-24108.
- Authors: Lasch C, Stierhof M, Estévez MR, Myronovskyi M, Zapp J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 16
- Identification and Heterologous Expression of the Albucidin Gene Cluster from the Marine Strain <i>Streptomyces Albus</i> Subsp. <i>Chlorinus</i> NRRL B-24108.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Stierhof M, Petzke L, Seiser T, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 10
- Generation of a cluster-free Streptomyces albus chassis strains for improved heterologous expression of secondary metabolite clusters.
- Authors: Myronovskyi M, Rosenkränzer B, Nadmid S, Pujic P, Normand P, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Engineering of Streptomyces lividans for heterologous expression of secondary metabolite gene clusters.
- Authors: Ahmed Y, Rebets Y, Estévez MR, Zapp J, Myronovskyi M, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 9
- Benzanthric Acid, a Novel Metabolite From <i>Streptomyces albus</i> Del14 Expressing the Nybomycin Gene Cluster.
- Authors: Rodríguez Estévez M, Gummerlich N, Myronovskyi M, Zapp J, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2019