Cyclofaulknamycin with the Rare Amino Acid D-capreomycidine Isolated from a Well-Characterized Strain.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTargeted genome mining is an efficient method of biosynthetic gene cluster prioritization within constantly growing genome databases. Using two capreomycidine biosynthesis genes, alpha-ketoglutarate-dependent arginine beta-hydroxylase and pyridoxal-phosphate-dependent aminotransferase, we identified two types of clusters: one type containing both genes involved in the biosynthesis of the abovementioned moiety, and other clusters including only arginine hydroxylase. Detailed analysis of one of the clusters, the flk cluster from Streptomyces albus, led to the identification of a cyclic peptide that contains a rare D-capreomycidine moiety for the first time. The absence of the pyridoxal-phosphate-dependent aminotransferase gene in the flk cluster is compensated by the XNR_1347 gene in the S. albus genome, whose product is responsible for biosynthesis of the abovementioned nonproteinogenic amino acid. Herein, we report the structure of cyclofaulknamycin and the characteristics of its biosynthetic gene cluster, biosynthesis and bioactivity profile.
CitationMicroorganisms. 2021 Jul 28;9(8):1609. doi: 10.3390/microorganisms9081609.
AffiliationHIPS, Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland, Universitätscampus E8.1 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Genome Mining and Metabolomics Uncover a Rare d-Capreomycidine Containing Natural Product and Its Biosynthetic Gene Cluster.
- Authors: Tryon JH, Rote JC, Chen L, Robey MT, Vega MM, Phua WC, Metcalf WW, Ju KS, Kelleher NL, Thomson RJ
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 20
- Identification and cloning of genes encoding viomycin biosynthesis from Streptomyces vinaceus and evidence for involvement of a rare oxygenase.
- Authors: Yin X, O'Hare T, Gould SJ, Zabriskie TM
- Issue date: 2003 Jul 17
- Chromosomal position effect influences the heterologous expression of genes and biosynthetic gene clusters in Streptomyces albus J1074.
- Authors: Bilyk B, Horbal L, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 4
- Identification of 8-amino-2,5,7-trihydroxynaphthalene-1,4-dione, a novel intermediate in the biosynthesis of Streptomyces meroterpenoids.
- Authors: Isogai S, Nishiyama M, Kuzuyama T
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 15
- Identification of butenolide regulatory system controlling secondary metabolism in Streptomyces albus J1074.
- Authors: Ahmed Y, Rebets Y, Tokovenko B, Brötz E, Luzhetskyy A
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 29