Case Report: Convalescent Plasma Therapy Induced Anti-SARS-CoV-2 T Cell Expansion, NK Cell Maturation and Virus Clearance in a B Cell Deficient Patient After CD19 CAR T Cell Therapy.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Falk, Christine S
Schulz, Thomas F
Wedemeyer, Hans Heinrich
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHere, we described the case of a B cell-deficient patient after CD19 CAR-T cell therapy for refractory B cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma with protracted coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For weeks, this patient only inefficiently contained the virus while convalescent plasma transfusion correlated with virus clearance. Interestingly, following convalescent plasma therapy natural killer cells matured and virus-specific T cells expanded, presumably allowing virus clearance and recovery from the disease. Our findings, thus, suggest that convalescent plasma therapy can activate cellular immune responses to clear SARS-CoV-2 infections. If confirmed in larger clinical studies, these data could be of general importance for the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
CitationFront Immunol. 2021 Aug 12;12:721738. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2021.721738.
AffiliationCiiM, Zentrum für individualisierte Infektionsmedizin, Feodor-Lynen-Str.7, 30625 Hannover.
JournalFrontiers in immunology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Serology-based therapeutic strategy in SARS-CoV-2-infected patients.
- Authors: Garcia-Muñoz R, Farfán-Quiroga G, Ruiz-de-Lobera N, Feliu J, Anton-Remirez J, Nájera Irazu MJ, Lisa Catón V, Oteo-Revuelta JA
- Issue date: 2021 Dec
- Clearance of the SARS-CoV-2 Virus in an Immunocompromised Patient Mediated by Convalescent Plasma without B-Cell Recovery.
- Authors: Basheer M, Saad E, Laskar O, Schuster O, Rechnitzer H, Zisman-Rozen S, Azoulay D, Assy N
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 18
- Successful treatment of COVID-19 infection with convalescent plasma in B-cell-depleted patients may promote cellular immunity.
- Authors: Kremer AE, Kremer AN, Willam C, Völkl S, Verhagen J, Achenbach S, van der Meijden ED, Lang V, Aigner M, Maier C, Tenbusch M, Korn K, Lutzny-Geier G, Spoerl S, Strauß R, Vetter M, Überla K, Neurath MF, Mackensen A, Schiffer M, Hackstein H
- Issue date: 2021 Oct
- Specific T-cell responses for guiding treatment with convalescent plasma in severe COVID-19 and humoral immunodeficiency: a case report.
- Authors: Nyström K, Hjorth M, Fust R, Nilsdotter-Augustinsson Å, Larsson M, Niward K, Nyström S
- Issue date: 2022 Apr 11
- Successful Treatment of Persistent SARS-CoV-2 Infection in a B-Cell Depleted Patient with Activated Cytotoxic T and NK Cells: A Case Report.
- Authors: Jassem J, Marek-Trzonkowska NM, Smiatacz T, Arcimowicz Ł, Papak I, Jassem E, Zaucha JM
- Issue date: 2021 Oct 10