IRF7 and RNH1 are modifying factors of HIV-1 reservoirs: a genome-wide association analysis.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
van der Heijden, Wouter
Dos Santos, Jéssica Cristina
Swertz, Morris A
van der Ven, Andre
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe analysis resulted in one significant association with CA HIV-1 DNA (rs2613996, P < 5 × 10-8) and two suggestive associations with RNA:DNA ratio (rs7113204 and rs7817589, P < 5 × 10-7). Then, we prioritized PTDSS2, IRF7, RNH1, and DEAF1 as potential HIV-1 reservoir modifiers and validated that higher expressions of IRF7 and RNH1 were accompanied by rs7113204-G. Moreover, RNA:DNA ratio, indicating relative HIV-1 transcription activity, was lower in PLHIV carrying this variant.
CitationBMC Med. 2021 Nov 16;19(1):282. doi: 10.1186/s12916-021-02156-5.
AffiliationCiiM, Zentrum für Individualisierte Infektionsmedizin, c/o TWINCORE, Feodor-Lynen-Str. 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Myeloid and CD4 T Cells Comprise the Latent Reservoir in Antiretroviral Therapy-Suppressed SIVmac251-Infected Macaques.
- Authors: Abreu CM, Veenhuis RT, Avalos CR, Graham S, Parrilla DR, Ferreira EA, Queen SE, Shirk EN, Bullock BT, Li M, Metcalf Pate KA, Beck SE, Mangus LM, Mankowski JL, Mac Gabhann F, O'Connor SL, Gama L, Clements JE
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 20
- Posttranscriptional Regulation of HIV-1 Gene Expression during Replication and Reactivation from Latency by Nuclear Matrix Protein MATR3.
- Authors: Sarracino A, Gharu L, Kula A, Pasternak AO, Avettand-Fenoel V, Rouzioux C, Bardina M, De Wit S, Benkirane M, Berkhout B, Van Lint C, Marcello A
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 13
- Genetic Diversity, Compartmentalization, and Age of HIV Proviruses Persisting in CD4<sup>+</sup> T Cell Subsets during Long-Term Combination Antiretroviral Therapy.
- Authors: Jones BR, Miller RL, Kinloch NN, Tsai O, Rigsby H, Sudderuddin H, Shahid A, Ganase B, Brumme CJ, Harris M, Poon AFY, Brockman MA, Fromentin R, Chomont N, Joy JB, Brumme ZL
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 14
- Maraviroc Is Associated with Latent HIV-1 Reactivation through NF-κB Activation in Resting CD4<sup>+</sup> T Cells from HIV-Infected Individuals on Suppressive Antiretroviral Therapy.
- Authors: Madrid-Elena N, García-Bermejo ML, Serrano-Villar S, Díaz-de Santiago A, Sastre B, Gutiérrez C, Dronda F, Coronel Díaz M, Domínguez E, López-Huertas MR, Hernández-Novoa B, Moreno S
- Issue date: 2018 May 1
- Simian-Human Immunodeficiency Virus SHIV.C.CH505 Persistence in ART-Suppressed Infant Macaques Is Characterized by Elevated SHIV RNA in the Gut and a High Abundance of Intact SHIV DNA in Naive CD4<sup>+</sup> T Cells.
- Authors: Obregon-Perko V, Bricker KM, Mensah G, Uddin F, Kumar MR, Fray EJ, Siliciano RF, Schoof N, Horner A, Mavigner M, Liang S, Vanderford T, Sass J, Chan C, Berendam SJ, Bar KJ, Shaw GM, Silvestri G, Fouda GG, Permar SR, Chahroudi A
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 22