Accurate and scalable variant calling from single cell DNA sequencing data with ProSolo.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
McHardy, Alice C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAccurate single cell mutational profiles can reveal genomic cell-to-cell heterogeneity. However, sequencing libraries suitable for genotyping require whole genome amplification, which introduces allelic bias and copy errors. The resulting data violates assumptions of variant callers developed for bulk sequencing. Thus, only dedicated models accounting for amplification bias and errors can provide accurate calls. We present ProSolo for calling single nucleotide variants from multiple displacement amplified (MDA) single cell DNA sequencing data. ProSolo probabilistically models a single cell jointly with a bulk sequencing sample and integrates all relevant MDA biases in a site-specific and scalable-because computationally efficient-manner. This achieves a higher accuracy in calling and genotyping single nucleotide variants in single cells in comparison to state-of-the-art tools and supports imputation of insufficiently covered genotypes, when downstream tools cannot handle missing data. Moreover, ProSolo implements the first approach to control the false discovery rate reliably and flexibly. ProSolo is implemented in an extendable framework, with code and usage at: https://github.com/prosolo/prosolo.
CitationNat Commun. 2021 Nov 18;12(1):6744. doi: 10.1038/s41467-021-26938-w.
AffiliationBRICS, Braunschweiger Zentrum für Systembiologie, Rebenring 56,38106 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- ReliableGenome: annotation of genomic regions with high/low variant calling concordance.
- Authors: Popitsch N, WGS500 Consortium., Schuh A, Taylor JC
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 15
- Using genotype array data to compare multi- and single-sample variant calls and improve variant call sets from deep coverage whole-genome sequencing data.
- Authors: Shringarpure SS, Mathias RA, Hernandez RD, O'Connor TD, Szpiech ZA, Torres R, De La Vega FM, Bustamante CD, Barnes KC, Taub MA, CAAPA Consortium.
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 15
- Robust high-performance nanoliter-volume single-cell multiple displacement amplification on planar substrates.
- Authors: Leung K, Klaus A, Lin BK, Laks E, Biele J, Lai D, Bashashati A, Huang YF, Aniba R, Moksa M, Steif A, Mes-Masson AM, Hirst M, Shah SP, Aparicio S, Hansen CL
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 26
- Haplotype phasing in single-cell DNA-sequencing data.
- Authors: Satas G, Raphael BJ
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 1
- SCSIM: Jointly simulating correlated single-cell and bulk next-generation DNA sequencing data.
- Authors: Giguere C, Dubey HV, Sarsani VK, Saddiki H, He S, Flaherty P
- Issue date: 2020 May 26