Tcf1 cells are required to maintain the inflationary T cell pool upon MCMV infection.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsWelten, Suzanne P M
Baumann, Nicolas S
Oduro, Jennifer D
Reddy, Sai T
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCytomegalovirus-based vaccine vectors offer interesting opportunities for T cell-based vaccination purposes as CMV infection induces large numbers of functional effector-like cells that accumulate in peripheral tissues, a process termed memory inflation. Maintenance of high numbers of peripheral CD8 T cells requires continuous replenishment of the inflationary T cell pool. Here, we show that the inflationary T cell population contains a small subset of cells expressing the transcription factor Tcf1. These Tcf1+ cells resemble central memory T cells and are proliferation competent. Upon sensing viral reactivation events, Tcf1+ cells feed into the pool of peripheral Tcf1- cells and depletion of Tcf1+ cells hampers memory inflation. TCR repertoires of Tcf1+ and Tcf1- populations largely overlap, with the Tcf1+ population showing higher clonal diversity. These data show that Tcf1+ cells are necessary for sustaining the inflationary T cell response, and upholding this subset is likely critical for the success of CMV-based vaccination approaches.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Tissue maintenance of CMV-specific inflationary memory T cells by IL-15.
- Authors: Baumann NS, Torti N, Welten SPM, Barnstorf I, Borsa M, Pallmer K, Oduro JD, Cicin-Sain L, Ikuta K, Ludewig B, Oxenius A
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Memory Inflation Drives Tissue-Resident Memory CD8(+) T Cell Maintenance in the Lung After Intranasal Vaccination With Murine Cytomegalovirus.
- Authors: Morabito KM, Ruckwardt TJ, Bar-Haim E, Nair D, Moin SM, Redwood AJ, Price DA, Graham BS
- Issue date: 2018
- Early primed KLRG1- CMV-specific T cells determine the size of the inflationary T cell pool.
- Authors: Baumann NS, Welten SPM, Torti N, Pallmer K, Borsa M, Barnstorf I, Oduro JD, Cicin-Sain L, Oxenius A
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Sustained CD8+ T cell memory inflation after infection with a single-cycle cytomegalovirus.
- Authors: Snyder CM, Cho KS, Bonnett EL, Allan JE, Hill AB
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Stochastic Expansions Maintain the Clonal Stability of CD8(+) T Cell Populations Undergoing Memory Inflation Driven by Murine Cytomegalovirus.
- Authors: Smith CJ, Venturi V, Quigley MF, Turula H, Gostick E, Ladell K, Hill BJ, Himelfarb D, Quinn KM, Greenaway HY, Dang THY, Seder RA, Douek DC, Hill AB, Davenport MP, Price DA, Snyder CM
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 1