Isolation of isomangiferin from honeybush (Cyclopia subternata) using high-speed counter-current chromatography and high-performance liquid chromatography.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIsomangiferin was isolated from Cyclopia subternata using a multi-step process including extraction, liquid-liquid partitioning, high-speed counter-current chromatography (HSCCC) and semi-preparative reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). Enrichment of phenolic compounds in a methanol extract of C. subternata leaves was conducted using liquid-liquid partitioning with ethyl acetate-methanol-water (1:1:2, v/v). The enriched fraction was further fractionated using HSCCC with a ternary solvent system consisting of tert-butyl methyl ether-n-butanol-acetonitrile-water (3:1:1:5, v/v). Isomangiferin was isolated by semi-preparative reversed-phase HPLC from a fraction containing mostly mangiferin and isomangiferin. The chemical structure of isomangiferin was confirmed by LC-high-resolution electrospray ionization MS, as well as one- and two-dimensional NMR spectroscopy.
CitationIsolation of isomangiferin from honeybush (Cyclopia subternata) using high-speed counter-current chromatography and high-performance liquid chromatography. 2009, 1216 (19):4282-9 J Chromatogr A
AffiliationARC Infruitec-Nietvoorbij, Stellenbosch, South Africa. firstname.lastname@example.org
JournalJournal of chromatography. A
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Preparative isolation and purification of two amides from Mallotus lianus Croiz by high-speed counter-current chromatography.
- Authors: Jiang L, Lu Y, He S, Pan Y, Sun C, Wu T
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Comprehensive separation and identification of chemical constituents from Apocynum venetum leaves by high-performance counter-current chromatography and high performance liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Liu C, Zhang Z, Wang J, Wu G, Li S
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 15
- Combined microwave-assisted extraction and high-speed counter-current chromatography for separation and purification of xanthones from Garcinia mangostana.
- Authors: Fang L, Liu Y, Zhuang H, Liu W, Wang X, Huang L
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 15
- Enrichment and isolation of barbigerone from Millettia pachycarpa Benth. using high-speed counter-current chromatography and preparative HPLC.
- Authors: Ye H, Zhong S, Li Y, Tang M, Peng A, Hu J, Shi J, He S, Wu W, Chen L
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Isolation and purification of three flavonoid glycosides from the leaves of Nelumbo nucifera (Lotus) by high-speed counter-current chromatography.
- Authors: Deng S, Deng Z, Fan Y, Peng Y, Li J, Xiong D, Liu R
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 15