Novel members of the family Micromonosporaceae, Rugosimonospora acidiphila gen. nov., sp. nov. and Rugosimonospora africana sp. nov.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo novel Gram-positive-staining, acidophilic strains were isolated from soil samples. Both show typical features of filamentous actinomycetes. On the basis of 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis, the strains are members of the family Micromonosporaceae. The two strains contain hydroxydiaminopimelic acid, glycine, alanine and glutamic acid in the peptidoglycan. Fatty acid profiles clearly differentiate the two strains: cyclohexyl C(17 : 0), i-C(16 : 0) and ai-C(17 : 0) are predominant in Delta1(T), while the major components for Delta3(T) are ai-C(17 : 0) and i-C(16 : 0). The two strains also differ in their major menaquinones, MK-9(H(8), H(4), H(6)) for Delta1(T) and MK-9(H(8), H(6)) for Delta3(T), and in phospholipid patterns; Delta1(T) displays phosphatidylglycerol, diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylinositol, phosphatidylethanolamine, methyl phosphatidylethanolamine and an unknown aminophospholipid, while Delta3(T) also contains minor amounts of several unknown phospholipids in addition to these phospholipids. The whole-cell sugars of both strains are galactose, arabinose and xylose. The G+C content of the DNA is 72.7 mol% for Delta1(T) and 71.9 mol% for Delta3(T). On the basis of chemotaxonomic, physiological and phylogenetic data, we propose Rugosimonospora gen. nov. to accommodate the two strains, with the description of Rugosimonospora acidiphila gen. nov., sp. nov. (the type species; type strain Delta1(T) =DSM 45227(T) =NBRC 104874(T)) and Rugosimonospora africana sp. nov. (type strain Delta3(T) =DSM 45228(T) =NBRC 104875(T)).
CitationNovel members of the family Micromonosporaceae, Rugosimonospora acidiphila gen. nov., sp. nov. and Rugosimonospora africana sp. nov. 2009, 59 (Pt 11):2752-8 Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol.
AffiliationVicuron Pharmaceuticals, 21040 Gerenzano, Italy. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plantactinospora mayteni gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Micromonosporaceae.
- Authors: Qin S, Li J, Zhang YQ, Zhu WY, Zhao GZ, Xu LH, Li WJ
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Pseudosporangium ferrugineum gen. nov., sp. nov., a new member of the family Micromonosporaceae.
- Authors: Ara I, Matsumoto A, Bakir MA, Kudo T, Omura S, Takahashi Y
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Description of Paenisporosarcina quisquiliarum gen. nov., sp. nov., and reclassification of Sporosarcina macmurdoensis Reddy et al. 2003 as Paenisporosarcina macmurdoensis comb. nov.
- Authors: Krishnamurthi S, Bhattacharya A, Mayilraj S, Saha P, Schumann P, Chakrabarti T
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- A new member of the family Micromonosporaceae, Planosporangium flavigriseum gen. nov., sp. nov.
- Authors: Wiese J, Jiang Y, Tang SK, Thiel V, Schmaljohann R, Xu LH, Jiang CL, Imhoff JF
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Transfer of Actinomadura spadix Nonomura and Ohara 1971 to Actinoallomurus spadix gen. nov., comb. nov., and description of Actinoallomurus amamiensis sp. nov., Actinoallomurus caesius sp. nov., Actinoallomurus coprocola sp. nov., Actinoallomurus fulvus sp. nov., Actinoallomurus iriomotensis sp. nov., Actinoallomurus luridus sp. nov., Actinoallomurus purpureus sp. nov. and Actinoallomurus yoronensis sp. nov.
- Authors: Tamura T, Ishida Y, Nozawa Y, Otoguro M, Suzuki K
- Issue date: 2009 Aug