A novel expression system for intracellular production and purification of recombinant affinity-tagged proteins in Aspergillus niger.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA set of different integrative expression vectors for the intracellular production of recombinant proteins with or without affinity tag in Aspergillus niger was developed. Target genes can be expressed under the control of the highly efficient, constitutive pkiA promoter or the novel sucrose-inducible promoter of the beta-fructofuranosidase (sucA) gene of A. niger in the presence or absence of alternative carbon sources. All expression plasmids contain an identical multiple cloning sequence that allows parallel construction of N- or C-terminally His6- and StrepII-tagged versions of the target proteins. Production of two heterologous model proteins, the green fluorescence protein and the Thermobifida fusca hydrolase, proved the functionality of the vector system. Efficient production and easy detection of the target proteins as well as their fast purification by a one-step affinity chromatography, using the His6- or StrepII-tag sequence, was demonstrated.
CitationA novel expression system for intracellular production and purification of recombinant affinity-tagged proteins in Aspergillus niger. 2010, 86 (2):659-70 Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol.
AffiliationInstitute of Microbiology, Technical University Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 7, 38106, Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Plasmid vectors for protein production, gene expression and molecular manipulations in Aspergillus niger.
- Authors: Storms R, Zheng Y, Li H, Sillaots S, Martinez-Perez A, Tsang A
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Cloning and characterization of a tyrosinase gene from the white-rot fungus Pycnoporus sanguineus, and overproduction of the recombinant protein in Aspergillus niger.
- Authors: Halaouli S, Record E, Casalot L, Hamdi M, Sigoillot JC, Asther M, Lomascolo A
- Issue date: 2006 May
- Cloning, expression, purification, and characterization of a novel epoxide hydrolase from Aspergillus niger SQ-6.
- Authors: Liu Y, Wu S, Wang J, Yang L, Sun W
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Development of series of gateway binary vectors, pGWBs, for realizing efficient construction of fusion genes for plant transformation.
- Authors: Nakagawa T, Kurose T, Hino T, Tanaka K, Kawamukai M, Niwa Y, Toyooka K, Matsuoka K, Jinbo T, Kimura T
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Selection and characterization of a promoter for expression of single-copy recombinant genes in Gram-positive bacteria.
- Authors: Provvedi R, Maggi T, Oggioni MR, Manganelli R, Pozzi G
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 14